After our friend gave us some Tabasco Mash from her own grown Tabasco peppers we made a test batch of Tabasco mead that has come to receive some rave reviews! This past Sunday it was rather stormy and gloomy so I decided it would be a great day to make some chili, but with a twist. I added some of the Tabasco Mead and it turned out with a wonderful seasoning. I used the recipe from http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts/
This is a recipe that is super easy to make since there is only a small amount of prep work that is needed, you can throw it all in a pot and just forget about it until dinner! Great for a busy day, and its not too bad for you.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup Tabasco Mead
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!